Several California hospitals were included in Becker’s Hospital Review‘s list of 100 facilities with “great” cardiovascular programs,Becker’s Hospital Review reports.
Details of List
For the list, Becker‘s editorial staffers reviewed various ranking and award agencies, including:
- Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care;
- CareChex’s rankings for cardiac care;
- Healthgrades cardiology awards;
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons’ star ratings;
- Truven Health Analytics’ cardiovascular hospital rankings;
- U.S. News & World Report‘s rankings for cardiology and heart surgery; and
- U.S. News‘ Common Care ratings for heart bypass surgery and heart failure.
Hospitals that made Becker’s list earned “several marks of distinction” from such organizations.
The California hospitals on Becker‘s list included:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles;
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles;
- Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center;
- Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Medical Center;
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance;
- Scripps Health in San Diego;
- Shasta Regional Medical Center in Redding;
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital;
- UC-Davis Medical Center in Sacramento;
- UCLA Medical Center;
- UC-San Diego Medical Center; and
- UC-San Francisco Medical Center (Becker’s Hospital Review, 10/16).