The state exchange that helps 89,000 low-income Nevadans obtain health insurance is being hit with federal cutbacks that could hurt the program.
Governor Brian Sandoval called the president’s decision to end critical payments from the federal government that help health insurance companies offer affordable coverage to lower-income Americans “devastating,” though officials with the state’s insurance exchange say Nevadans won’t feel any immediate impact in the coming plan year.
The bipartisan deal to stabilize ObamaCare’s markets has 24 co-sponsors, Senate Health Committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) announced Thursday.
Top government lawyers representing 19 U.S. states on Wednesday asked a federal judge in California to force the administration of President Donald Trump to make health care subsidy payments that Trump abruptly cut off last week.
Anthem, one of the nation’s major health insurance companies, said on Wednesday that it planned to start its own business to manage prescription drug plans by partnering with CVS Health, the large pharmacy benefit manager and drugstore chain.
President Trump signed an executive order on Thursday morning that he said would begin “saving the American people from the nightmare of Obamacare.” On Thursday evening, he announced he would stop making scheduled payments to insurance companies that help them lower deductibles for low-income customers. There’s a lot that’s still uncertain about how the two actions will change the health law. Here’s what we know so far.